Terms and Conditions
At Talk to a Dentist, our mission is to put an accessible and affordable dental healthcare advice in the hands of every person on earth.
Please read these terms carefully so that you understand them. These terms cover all the services we provide to you via Telephone call, Text Message, Email, Facebook, Facebook Facebook Messenger, Whats App, our healthcare app or other platform (“App”), Websites.
When you use our Services, the Dentist you will speak to will be registered with the General Dental Council (GDC) in the United Kingdom. The advice you will be given will be in accordance with the GDC Standards:
These terms and conditions include details on our complaints procedure. We may update the terms from time to time, and if your rights change we will always notify you of this. If you do not agree to, or cannot comply with, these terms as amended, you should not use the App or Website. You will be deemed to have accepted these terms as amended if you continue to use the App or Website after any amendments are made.
The way we work is simple: we’re here to serve you and strive to ensure you have the best possible experience. We hold ourselves to the highest legal and ethical standards and we value hearing from you so if you have any questions or ideas, or if you need to provide notice to us, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.
We would like to remind you that:
- We provide Dental advice via text, video and audio Dental consultations.
- We provide information services and advice. We do not offer Diagnosis or treatment. You should always talk to a qualified Dentist or Medical professional about any questions you may have about a condition, we can only offer advise.
- If you think you have a medical emergency, you should call your Dentist or the emergency services immediately.
- Any decisions you make affecting your health should always be made in consultation with the Dentist carrying out the procedure.
- We need certain information from you in order to provide services
- We don't take responsibility for laws outside the UK and governing access to our services. Some of our services are specifically designed for use in the UK and if you use them elsewhere you should check in your country or region that it is appropriate and lawful for you to do so (see sections F and I).
- Our Services are not suitable for managing medical emergencies
- Our Services are not suitable for unrestricted use by persons under 18
These terms include descriptions of each section, in bold text. These descriptions are to help you understand the terms but they are not part of the terms.
A) ABOUT US
About us and our services
We provide dental advice via our text, video and audio consultations (“Clinical Services”).
Our Clinical Services are provided using qualified Dental professionals (“Practitioners”) based in the UK.
B) OUR SERVICES
What our services cover, and what you need to check yourself when you use our services
- We provide our services using Text, Video and Audio. We use communication methods such as email, text message, video call, Facebook and Whats App. Our services include:
- remote video and voice consultations with our Practitioners;
- the ability to ask questions of our healthcare professionals;
- access to healthcare records we hold; and
- access to other digital healthcare tools that provide health and lifestyle information.
- Some dental conditions are not suitable for remote consultations via our Clinical Services, and you should always seek advice from a medical practitioner in person if you are unsure about whether you have been able to explain or communicate your medical needs through our Clinical Services, or if you have any concerns about the advice you receive from us or if it is different from other advice you have received.
- You should not use our services in an emergency, or if you have a condition that you know will require a physical examination.
- You shouldn't take or stop taking any action (such as taking medicines) based on information from our information services. We make no warranties in relation to the output of our information services.
- We strongly recommend you discuss any information you receive from us with your Dentist before beginning any treatment.
- We provide our Clinical Services using reasonable skill and care from appropriately qualified, and experienced, Dentists. If you think that our services have not met this standard, please contact us as soon as possible. We will fix or re-perform, without charge, any services we agree do not meet this standard.
- Practitioners are Dentists registered with the General Dental Council, who have committed to provide services in accordance with clinical best practice and applicable professional standards.
- Practitioners will not prescribe medicines via this website.
C) WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU IN ORDER TO PROVIDE SERVICES
We can’t provide our services without certain information and other things from you
- We can only provide the services in accordance with these terms if you provide us with the information we need in order to help you. You must be careful that:
- any information you give to us or a Practitioner through any format is accurate and in English;
- if you have any concerns about the information we provide you or any information in the, you seek further medical advice;
- you follow any instructions you are given by Practitioners;
- you follow any instructions regarding the use of any medicines or healthcare products we recommend (including in respect of use-by dates);
- you report any adverse or unexpected effects of treatments we recommend to us;
- you use our services only for yourself, unless you are helping a child further to section G.
D) REGULATION OF OUR SERVICES
Accessing our services outside the UK
- Our services are available to adults, and to children in accordance with section G.
- If you are accessing our services from outside the UK, you should check whether it is lawful to access our services in the territory where you are. We provide our services in compliance with UK law and regulation, and cannot take responsibility for any differences between those rules and any different rules applying to healthcare services anywhere else.
E) CHILDREN AND OUR SERVICES
Adults can use our services on behalf of children, but children shouldn't use our services.
- Children under 18 may not use our services but an adult can use our services on their behalf.
F) PRODUCT SALES
We provide services which enable your purchase of products from third party sellers working with us
- The App enables your purchase of healthcare and other products (“Products”) sold by ourselves and third party product partners (“Suppliers”).
- If you use the App to order a Product, our responsibility is to place that order on your behalf with its Supplier. Your contract for supply of a Product is with the Supplier, not with us and the Supplier is responsible for Product sourcing, quality and delivery.
- As part of the Product order process, a Supplier will contact you with the terms and conditions applying to your Product order including your right to cancel.
- Please contact us if you have any issues with your Product order. We will, acting on your behalf, raise these with the Supplier.
- Product images on the App are illustrations and we do not enable the ordering of Products accurately reflecting their colours as shown on the App.
- Where applicable, we will collect payment for your Product order when it is made, but will refund your payment if the Product ordered is not in stock or cannot be supplied. If a Supplier makes a refund of amounts paid by you to us, we will pass that refund to you.
- We do not provide prescriptions for any medication.
H) OTHER LIMITS ON OUR SERVICE
Other limitations and restrictions on the use of services
- We do not guarantee the availability of any particular Practitioner at any particular time. We will do what we can to arrange a consultation with a Practitioner as soon as possible, but do not guarantee to offer consultations within a particular time. Consultations generally are limited to 10 minute durations.
- Where the advice given to you from one of our Practitioners indicates that further medical advice is necessary, you acknowledge that you are responsible for seeking such advice from a dentist or other medical professional by visiting them in person.
- Practitioners may hold different clinical opinions on the same dental condition or symptoms and, provided these opinions are reasonably held, the fact that two or more Practitioners give different opinions in the course of service provision does not necessarily indicate that our services are defective.
- We do not tolerate abuse or offensive behaviour towards Practitioners.
- Our services are designed to be accessed remotely by any of our customers, and are not designed for non-English speakers. However we will attempt to provided access to non-English speaking dentist where and when we can, but we cannot guarantee this service.
- We may need to ask you for certain personal information in order to provide our services. If you do not provide this information when requested, we may be unable to provide our services.
- The App has not been developed to meet your individual requirements. It is therefore your responsibility to ensure that the facilities and functions of the App meet your requirements.
- The App is not designed as, nor may you use it as, a device to detect, diagnose, treat or monitor any medical or health condition or to establish the existence or absence of any medical or health condition.
- We may suspend your access to services with us if your use of services breaches any of these terms.
I) ACCESSING OUR SERVICES
How to access our services, and limitations and other terms concerning access
- Our services are accessed remotely using the telephone, internet, data networks and devices which can access the internet (“Infrastructure”) and operate the App and our Websites.We make the App and our Websites available for access using Infrastructure, but are not responsible for Infrastructure ourselves. If you wish to use the services, you should ensure you have a telephone and/or an internet-enabled device and a sufficient internet connection available.
- Technical or security threats or issues affecting the Infrastructure may require us to suspend our services in order to ensure they are secure and/or operating optimally. We will minimise these suspensions, but are not responsible to refund charges or compensate you if they occur.
- When you use the App or send e-mails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. We will communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices, alerts, prompts, information fields or other information through the App as is necessary to deliver the services to you.
- We operate anti-virus and malicious software prevention measures on the Websites and our App, but we cannot guarantee that our services will always be virus-free. You should ensure that your devices used to access services are protected against viruses and malicious software. You must not use or expose the App or the Websites to virus or malicious software contamination.
- You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the services, App or Websites. Installation of the App on a device that has had its operating system compromised by the process of Jailbreaking (Apple iOS) or Rooting (Android) is not permitted and may result in the security of your personal data being compromised.
J) CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
What happens if we change these terms
We may need to change these terms sometimes, for example, when the rules regulating our services change, in order to ensure that our services are secure and your information is safe, or when we update or modify our services or our Charges. If we make a change to these terms that affects your rights or obligations, we will notify you.
K) HOW WE MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
How we use your information
L) CONSULTATION RECORDINGS
We record consultations and this explains why
- You may request a copy of your consultation at any time. These medical records will be kept for seven years.
- Consultation recordings should not be published on social media or any other media sharing platforms.
M) LIMITATIONS ON SERVICE PROVISION
Sometimes, you will not be able to receive services – this section explains why
- We may not be able to provide our services if they are affected by events outside our control. We are not responsible to you if this happens.
- If there is the risk of a delay of more than 2 weeks to service performance, you may cancel your agreement with us (and we may do the same).
N) PRICE AND PAYMENT
How we calculate the price you pay us for our services and how you pay us
- the price of our services will be set out in the App or on the website at the time of our commitment to provide services. Our prices may change at any time, but price changes will not affect any services that you have already ordered.
- you are responsible for paying the price for our services (“Charges”). Charges include VAT, where applicable, unless otherwise stated.
- we will usually charge or invoice you for services at the time you order them. Any amounts charged or invoiced are due and payable upon our invoice being issued unless otherwise specified in these terms or the App.
- you can pay for services using a credit or debit card or via your phone.
O) OUR LIABILITY TO YOU
Because these terms are part of a binding legal agreement, we must compensate you for loss you suffer if our service doesn't comply with these terms. However, we don't compensate you for all losses. This section is important as it explains those things.
- If we break any of these terms and you suffer loss or damage, we are responsible for compensating you for that loss or damage if it was a foreseeable result of our breaking of these terms.
- We are not responsible for compensating you for loss or damage that is not a foreseeable result of breaking these terms. Nor will we be liable for indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages.
- Other than our Clinical Services, our software and services are provided on an ‘as is’ basis without a warranty of any kind being provided by us.
- Our practitioners are responsible for compensating you for personal injury or death caused by their negligence. Subject to doing this, and subject to applicable law, we will not be liable to you for an amount greater than the fees paid to us by you.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage resulting from defective digital content where you have failed to follow our usage instructions or advice in these terms.
- We supply the services for private personal use and we are not responsible for any losses you suffer arising out of the use of the services which are business losses.
- We design our services, the App and the Websites to keep your personal health data secure and it is important that you follow the usage instructions and advice in these terms in order to keep your data safe. We are not liable for loss or unauthorised access to your data where it results from you not following these instructions and advice.
P) OUR BRAND AND CREATIVE MATERIAL
The basis on which you use our App, Websites and services
- We own copyright and other intellectual property rights in the App, Websites, our services and their content (“Talk To A Dentist IPR”).
- You are permitted to use Talk To A Dentist IPR in order to receive our services, store it on your device and print copies of it for your personal use. You may communicate material containing Talk To A Dentist IPR to your Dentist or another medical practitioner. You are not permitted to copy, distribute or make any business use of Talk To A Dentist IPR. You must not remove or obscure any notices regarding Talk To A Dentist IPR.
- The Dentist at hand and/or Talk To A Dentist mark, logo, combined mark and logo and other marks indicated in our App are our trademarks of the Company or its affiliates in the United Kingdom and other countries. Other graphics, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names are trademarks of other businesses or our affiliates or Partners.
Q) LICENCE AND APP USE
You are allowed to use the App but not copy it or distribute it
- We grant you a limited licence to access and make personal use of the App and not to modify it, or any portion of it, except with our express written consent of the Company. This licence does not include any resale or commercial use of the App or its contents; any derivative use of the App or its contents; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
- The App or any portion of the App may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without our express written consent. Any unauthorised use terminates the permission or licence granted by the Company.
- You may not use any logo or other proprietary graphic or trademark of ours, our Partners or affiliates without our express written permission.
- The App or any Service may contain links to other independent third party websites (“Third party Sites”). Third party Sites are not under our control, and we are not responsible for and do not endorse their content. You will need to make your own independent judgement regarding your interaction with any Third party Sites, including the purchase and use of any products or services accessible through them.
- If any open-source software is included in the App, the terms of an open-source licence may override some of the terms set out in this section.
R) COMPLAINTS AND DISPUTES
What happens if you have a complaint about our services or disagree with us about anything to do with these terms
- You can always give us feedback on our services by calling or emailing us via the details provided in the ‘About’ section above.
- If you have a complaint about our services, we would like to resolve it as soon as possible. Please tell us about your complaint as soon as you can so that we can do this.
- If you wish to make a formal complaint about our services, you should do so as soon as possible by calling or emailing us via the details provided in the ‘About’ section above. We may ask you for certain details about you and your complaint in order to address it. Please provide these as soon as you can so that we can resolve your complaint quickly.
- Our Practitioners are registered healthcare professionals, and we will handle your complaint in an appropriate way, as required to do so by the professional rules that apply to our Practitioners and to our services, and following our complaints procedure.
- We will tell you the outcome of our investigation into your complaint and give you the chance to discuss it with us. If we have done something wrong, we will apologise to you.
- If any disagreement between you and us arises in connection with these terms, we will attempt to resolve it by discussing it with you.
- If we have not resolved a disagreement about these terms, or a complaint about our services, either of us can refer the dispute to a third party.
- Scottish law governs these terms and the Scottish courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any claim arising out of or in connection with these terms or the use of our products and services.